• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XXII - Spirits (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Well there's not really a right/best choice here. We either vote for nobody and have the possibility of RNG death hanging over all of our heads, or throw someone completely arbitrary under the bus—someone who is very likely innocent. We know just about nothing as of right now, so the odds of us killing a mafia member today are about the same as the random kill doing so.
So which should we do: random death or arbitrary lynch? I don't think either one is better than the other right now, as both have about the same odds of nailing a mafia member.
Arbitrary lynch. Deciding what's best for the innocents, even if it's splitting hairs, will always be better than just leaving it to chance. At the very least, by applying pressure we can see people's defenses and how others react to it. I don't think an RNG lynch would lead to a Day 2 that's much different from this.

Ford Prefect

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I agree with Coulter. A random lynch is better than completely random. Hopefully we can find some sort of incriminating evidence.

Meriadoc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I agree with both of you (Coulter and Boreal).

It's ideal to avoid a chance lynch, since leaving the choice purely to randomness leaves us with a greater likelihood of losing an innocent rather than taking out a mafia member. If we can get any incriminating evidence based on what's said during Day One, even though it's difficult to get any conclusive information this early, that's better than leaving it up to a randomly generated kill. If nothing useful is gathered, it'd probably be most effective to do what Mrs. Coulter suggested - focus on the people who aren't posting.

Once again, as Coulter said, relying on an RNG lynch will likely leave us in the same position we're in right now.

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
You may only communicate on the forums for now.
I seem to keep getting mail and this is why I haven't responded. I hope I do not appear rude for what I thought was following proper procedure.

Then maybe it's best to open the floor for experiments, so to speak, if we are gaging responsiveness, or lack there of, it's best for everyone who is invested in their futures to speak up even if you have no fingers to point. (I can probably borrow Mr. Ratchett's for you, if that is the case). If we can not come to a decision and are forced to vote for someone that hasn't been active on this tread, it would serve in our benefit as they weren't helpful before.

Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.

Dr. Watson

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
... Indeed, I believe the ideal scenario was explained by Mrs. Coulter. Should we allow random chance to select the dead today, it is most likely for an innocent to die. Indeed, regardless of the magnitude of our suspicions, it is always better to use what little knowledge we have, rather than no knowledge at all.

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I was mistaken about the private mailing. I will respond in due haste, right after I have finished preparing my evening dinner. Sorry for my delay.

Robert Blake

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
With an arbitrary lynch, it is also possible that someone might be able to present evidence in favour of the potential lynch-ee ... so we may be slightly more likely to lynch a mafia member than an innocent, or at least gather potentially valuable information (If someone presents false evidence in favour of someone's innocence, then they are likely mafia)

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
As a reminder, do NOT speak about mafia outside of your accounts, especially in zero chat. If you do this you might be killed.

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Just because I carried the body away doesn’t mean I am the killer.
Did you get any clues from the scene? Also may I ask about the condition of Mr. Ratchett before and after you carted him away? Are you keeping his body in more chilling environment perchance?

Arthur Doyle

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Meriadoc, you said that Mrs Coulter said "If nothing useful is gathered, it'd probably be most effective to do what Mrs. Coulter suggested - focus on the people who aren't posting." Your wrong there buddy. Mrs Coulter didn't say to focus on people who aren't posting.

I'm suspicious of you're motive for lying about that.

Meriadoc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Alright, let's try to get past the fluff.

We're forced to lynch someone today. We have a little over 2 days left to do it. If we can't get any good enough reads by then, we should focus on the people who aren't posting.
Meriadoc, you said that Mrs Coulter said "If nothing useful is gathered, it'd probably be most effective to do what Mrs. Coulter suggested - focus on the people who aren't posting." Your wrong there buddy. Mrs Coulter didn't say to focus on people who aren't posting.

I'm suspicious of you're motive for lying about that.
Mrs. Coulter did say exactly that, as you can see above.

Arthur Doyle

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
My bad Meriadoc. As you can see by my pic I'm old

I'm suspicious of anyone who tries to target someone for not posting. Maybe they want us to target that person so they don't get targeted?

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Lynching a silent is only to ensure the most active in the investigation (and therefore the most helpful in gathering info, even if they turn out to be mafia) are not lynched. To investigate the murder we need active participants, and risking losing someone active is against our interests.

If the day comes to a close without any evidence, lynching a silent is the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.