• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XXII - Spirits (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Constantine

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I'd like to add the fact that mafia would most likely be in favour of lynching a mute, rather than taking the odds that of one of theirs may just be randomly killed. If you aren't mafia, what is there to be afraid of?

Edit: I do agree with the fact that it minimises our chances of losing a valuable player in the game, so we should really think through this choice on the first day.

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Also to further on this point, when it comes time to vote, we can watch and see who the votes are targeted against. Voting a silent benefits everyone, either team needs active members. If there is a silent member on the list and a group is shying away from them, they are most likely active in dms and not on this thread or a member of their group. Voting silent members just gives a baseline and fallback vote. There doesn't seem to be a downside to voting that way if we need to on the first vote.

I'd also like to point out that even though chances are 1/21, leaving it to chance also means that you put yourself at risk of dying. Someone mentioned before that a silent person may be a key role, the same chance also applies to the actives. I'd much rather have an active key role than one that's not.

Finally, and this is going to sound bold, anyone that wants to leave it up to RNG will have my vote against them. I'm not trying to sound threatening in anyway but if you are willing to risk your life or anyone else's to chance, I don't want the risk factor. In previous experiences to games like this one, random lynches usually favor the evil team. Especially when we are estimating that 16/21 people are not mafia. With those numbers, you will most likely hit an innocent. I'd rather take my chances on someone who wants RNG or a silent person.

Dr. Watson

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
May I point out that our time is running out quickly
...The night begins more than a day from when I'm writing this, if my count serves me right. I wouldn't consider that "running out..."

On the subject of voting, non-random lynching is the best option per the explanation laid out by previous messages, including my own.
... But it doesn't matter much anyhow, the vote will be non-random unless absolutely everyone abstains from their vote today. Based on the current state of things, that seems highly unlikely.

I'd like to add the fact that mafia would most likely be in favour of lynching a mute, rather than taking the odds that of one of theirs may just be randomly killed.
... Quite frankly, at this stage, any option would seem beneficial to the mafia. However, you are correct; by my assumption, the mafia will most likely refrain from standing out at this point. Innocents have nothing to hide, and therefore will speak up to protect themselves from lynching.

... Despite this, I believe it is highly unlikely for any player to remain silent by the end of today. If there are still silent members, I see that as fairly suspicious behaviour. It is not certain that this will catch someone, but it seems like the best course of action for the moment.

John Parry

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Well we can't make extra points in our game if none of you act, can we?
The seemingly best option in my opinion is to play with the responses we've obtained so far as to get yourselves some info.
Watson, you really should've learned more from Holmes.
#vote Dr. Watson

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Will give my thoughts in a little bit.

The seemingly best option in my opinion is to play with the responses we've obtained so far as to get yourselves some info.
#vote Dr. Watson
Why Watson specifically?

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I don't see how favoring the random lynch over the silent lynch makes you mafia, voting Dear Dr. Watson is questionable..

#vote John Parry

Dr. Watson

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
In all respect, I cannot allow you to dirty my reputation with your accusations.
... Although, in all fairness, action must be taken.

Hence...
#vote John Parry

Howard Lovecraft

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
While I concede that the points you are all bringing up in favour of the silent lynch are true, and no doubt self preservation plays a key role too, I believe no harm comes from challenging the view held by the rest of the group, as we must ensure mafia are not working to mislead us.

Finally, and this is going to sound bold, anyone that wants to leave it up to RNG will have my vote against them.
Frankenstein, it seems to me you are threatening those who hold an opposing view to you, and I would encourage everyone to not be intimidated by those who attempt to assert control of the group early on.

Meriadoc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
#vote Dr. Watson
What's your reasoning? There are plenty of ways to "play with the responses," all of which are less extreme than outright voting for another player.

If there's more to the story that you haven't shared yet, I'm willing to listen before coming to any conclusions.

John Parry

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Thanks mates! Love the responses!
Glad to see we have three suspects to our murder scene. You even murdered a man you knew, Monsieur Bouc? What a rascal!

Anyways, I have three main reasons about suspecting Dr. Watson:
1. His mannerisms are likely the result of being a mafia member. He talks enough to be middle-road, but at the same time stuffs the conversations he make full of nothing but meaningless filler. The only deductive idea coming from his mouth so far is that there's more than 24 hours til nightfall from one of his posts, and that's a rigidly logical basis for a mafia game.

2. In the spirit of the game, I'm not saying this one.

3. The aftershock of suspecting the most normally pure good character is an easy way to enhance slip-ups. Apparently they dug their grave deeper, too. What a wonder!

Hope this message hasn't tainted with your later conversations. Oh boy, would we be in a pickle, then!

Dr. Frankenstein

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Frankenstein, it seems to me you are threatening those who hold an opposing view to you, and I would encourage everyone to not be intimidated by those who attempt to assert control of the group early on.
I'm not trying to sound threatening in anyway but if you are willing to risk your life or anyone else's to chance, I don't want the risk factor. In previous experiences to games like this one, random lynches usually favor the evil team. Especially when we are estimating that 16/21 people are not mafia. With those numbers, you will most likely hit an innocent. I'd rather take my chances on someone who wants RNG or a silent person.
Every member, good or evil, has the right to their own view. And most people here will probably think of something that I didn't that makes equal or more sense. I was just posting mine. I never said I would try and punish those who didn't share my opinion. I stated my view and past experiences/reasons as to why I see it that way. I am in no way asserting control over anyone, and tried to say as much in my post. I'm just one voice in a room of many.

Monsieur Bouc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Thanks mates! Love the responses!
Glad to see we have three suspects to our murder scene. You even murdered a man you knew, Monsieur Bouc? What a rascal!

Anyways, I have three main reasons about suspecting Dr. Watson:
1. His mannerisms are likely the result of being a mafia member. He talks enough to be middle-road, but at the same time stuffs the conversations he make full of nothing but meaningless filler. The only deductive idea coming from his mouth so far is that there's more than 24 hours til nightfall from one of his posts, and that's a rigidly logical basis for a mafia game.

2. In the spirit of the game, I'm not saying this one.

3. The aftershock of suspecting the most normally pure good character is an easy way to enhance slip-ups. Apparently they dug their grave deeper, too. What a wonder!

Hope this message hasn't tainted with your later conversations. Oh boy, would we be in a pickle, then!
Are you toying with us? What is the reason behind the different colored letters? Why would you say you have a reason but not say what it is? And what do you mean "suspecting the most normally pure good character?" You're giving cryptic messages with your own life on the line.

And I do not appreciate that accusation of murder.

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
It's true that Watson has mostly been parroting/fillery, although you could say that for a lot of people with how few talking points there were until recently. And I can't figure out what the second point is implying.

This message, though...

In all respect, I cannot allow you to dirty my reputation with your accusations.
... Although, in all fairness, action must be taken.

Hence...
#vote John Parry
...doesn't sit right with me. It would make sense to go after Parry for voting recklessly or something along those lines, but this is just presented as an easy revenge vote, without any real thought put into it. Parry gets off the hook for the sudden vote because he was able to back it up.

Also, ninja'd by someone else who apparently agrees (not sure why though?)

Status
Not open for further replies.