• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

MM XV - Savern Taren-Odern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Sorry for the delay, my doggy had an appointment to meet her new vet yesterday.

The captain checked his list of passengers and staff while everyone came aboard at the dock. He wasn't much of a fan of getting a fresh crew while taking on civilians, but his orders were quite clear. He couldn't even give them time to get aquainted with one another due to how strictly scheduled this trip was. Once the final person was on board, he made preparations to depart and made a ship-wide announcement.

"Attention everyone, this is the captain. Our heading is a 15 day straight shot to our destination and should be fairly uneventful. However, the pirates would love an opportunity to capture or destroy this ship. In the event of an attack, all guests are to return to and remain in their quarters while the threat is dealt with. Additionally, the ship's interior defenses will attack anyone who registers as a hostile presence. As long as you don't carry a weapon without an authorization chip, you will be fine."

The first day was uneventful and filled with passengers mingling. It was time. An explosion ripped through the ship, sending people and parts flying. The ship came to a stop and a new, unknown voice filled the ship.

"I am sorry passengers, your captain is...shall we say...indisposed of currently. Your flight is being re-routed to a new destination." The ship spun as the crew fought to regain control. Then, everything went dark. Emergency power systems came online, but were only enough to keep two systems running at full. This is where your story begins.

Here's the situation for those who don't like stories or didn't understand because I'm not a good writer: the ship is damaged and can't move. An automated distress signal went off and ships (one friendly, many not) are on their way. You have enough power generation for two systems to be on full or enough for three systems to be on partial.

Here are the available systems:

life support - on full, entire ship is "safe". On partial, random rooms will lose oxygen (random players take oxygen deprivation damage). Off, entire ship loses oxygen (all players take oxygen deprivation damage).
Shields - on full, pirate fleet will deal no damage. On partial, chance of damage getting through to a random room (random players take damage). Off, no protection (random players take damage).
Defense - on full, both internal and external on, pirate ships have a reduced chance of hitting. partial, either internal or external on, auto-switches dependent on detection of threat. off, nothing is on
Scanner - can only be partially powered due to damage. Partial, can see if a pirate fleet is inbound. Off, can't see.
All other ship systems are either unimportant to this story line or too damaged to be repaired here.

Player damage: I like the idea of having events that can hinder you, but not ones that are "oh, sucks to be you" and you can't play anymore. Therefore, I'm using "Environmental Damage" in this round. Everyone has 8 potential that will recover (slowly) over time. Oxygen deprivation takes 1 potential a round, non-player weapons fire does 2 (internal defenses, pirate attack with partial shield power), and anything deemed "extra" doubles that base number. You regain 1 potential each round you don't get additional damage.

Some of the roles will be similar to the standard mafia roles, others will be very specific to this round. There are three groups:

Crew: Your main goal is to discover and kill the pirates. After all, that's what you signed on for.

Guest: Your main goal is to survive. You really don't care which side wins, you just want to be able to have solid ground under your feet again.

Pirate: Your main goal is to take the ship by killing anyone who might be able to stop you. Having this vessel will undoubtedly return you to the dominant force out here.

To keep things interesting, roles will not be revealed here.

As to the rule I mentioned would be added: If you have been killed, you may not talk to people who are still alive about this round at all (no comments on events happening, etc.). You may still make a farewell post, but keep it brief and don't include any information that can help other players. If I find people breaking this rule, a random member of their team will be mod-killed.

As a final note, anything that says something along the lines of "...a chance of..." is determined via polyhedral dice rolls. Not going to waste time this round on making sure that an algorithm is working properly.

Role PM's are being sent out. Feel free to reply to them with any questions you have.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Just sent out the last role PM. You may begin your discord.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Just posting here so you can't say I haven't been here.

Have fun everyone! Cya in a week (or later this evening, perhaps).

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
awkward_hamster
creeperTNTman198
Creeper2685
ElectroUnderwear
Bobtheblob
corygolfanatic
blie4
Spontida10
1900JPinoy
Zatharel
halex44
pieceofcheese87
rmanimal
jagman77
IanAnth66
coolgolfer
nahfackler
SleeknFoxy

Freakworld on vaca, not sure.

Excluding Freak, 18

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Let's get this party started.
awkward_hamster
creeperTNTman198
Creeper2685
ElectroUnderwear
Bobtheblob
corygolfanatic
blie4
Spontida10
1900JPinoy
Zatharel
halex44
pieceofcheese87
rmanimal
jagman77
IanAnth66
coolgolfer
nahfackler
SleeknFoxy

Freakworld on vaca, not sure.

Excluding Freak, 18
Tbh, freak's post would've been pointless if he wasn't involved.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Just got off of skype with the family, your first update will be posted soon-ish

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I was originally going to put it at about 24 hours, but have decided that all future action rounds will be 48 hours to allow time for any questions people may have to have a chance to get answered before the commit to an action.

The shadows of the corridors came to life in the pale red glow of the emergency lighting. Ghastly figures swam through the minds of each person on board as they made their way around, hoping to find anyone else. Everywhere, the signs of the struggle that must have taken place before that voice came on the ship-wide comms lay strewn across the floors. The stench in the air started to seem overwhelming. Suddenly, the air purifiers kicked on. There were still bodies, but at least they could be taken care of properly without the odorous reminder of their presence later on.

Action round two begins now. If you see someone on the server who hasn't shown signs of being aware that the game has started, please remind them to check the forum,

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
*Somewhere on the ship nahfackler' voice could be heard in the form of a scream* Basically I am freaking out In the form of a panic attack

"AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! HELP ME!!!"

But at the same time......

"Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh, Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Futuristicy, I wonder what this button does? What does this one do? Too many! I wanna press everything! Eeeekkkkk!!! BODIES ARE EVERYWHERE, WHY?! Captain! Can't you land this thing anywhere? I wanna go Home!"

*Runs around acting psychotics on the ship, but with what's happening, can you really blame him?*

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
I know how to solve the problem! Let's hit the big red button with self-district on it!

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
*still is in panic mode*

"But that will kill us ALL!!! Are you Insane? Let's find out how to turn everything off!"

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
You're the insane one here, turning everything off will turn off the oxygen supply!
Also, the captain has been "indisposed" of... Whatever that means...
Basically, hug your watermelons you brought cause we're screwed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.