• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 10 Chinatown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
*drags himself in covered in welts* Imma go mining!
*grabs a pick and walks out*

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Sorry for the poor explaining but you can vote for someone right now. You can vote someone who can talk outside this thread. That means that there will be one person who can talk outside this thread. The other have to either communicate through here or talk that person.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I'm a bit confused by that...are you saying we must elect a single person who tell you what everyone is doing?

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
no I'll try to explain again. I know it is a bit confusing but the general rule is that no one can talk with each other outside this thread. But there is one person who CAN talk outside this thread. Now it is up to you to vote who that one person will be. Does that make a bit of sense?

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
no I'll try to explain again. I know it is a bit confusing but the general rule is that no one can talk with each other outside this thread. But there is one person who CAN talk outside this thread. Now it is up to you to vote who that one person will be. Does that make a bit of sense?
to be honest

no

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Alright, so like a game before, we weren't allowed to talk outside of the thread, if you got caught, you're dead. Now this day, we're able to choose ONE person that is allowed to talk outside of the thread, which means that (s)he can scavenge information without everyone knowing, BUT everyone knows that (s)he can talk, so his/her information is likely to be scavenged, but that aspect can also be used to fool, if (s)he is mafia. We can all talk freely with that one person out of the thread, but I assume the talk has to start from the 'chosen one'.

If you manage to get a bond with that person, you are also likely to get his/her information more easily, which allows you to do your 'research'. This person will be key to the gameflow.

Lets say, we have no clue if we're going to choose a mafia. If we do, we are in serious trouble.

It's best to choose someone that actually does something with this ability.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Alright, now I understand.
So we're supposed to pick someone who can generally boost the innocent team's chances if (s)he is innocent, but also someone who won't give mafia too much of a lead if (s)he is mafia.

I nominate (not voting, just suggesting) two of the obvious choices:
srentiln - Always strong in the game, although may screw us all over if mafia
Forgot - The same as sren.

Like I said, I am not voting for any of these two, I'm just saying that they can be good candidates.
Thoughts?

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Oh okay so the voted person is allowed to converse via pm/anything else

and only for that phase, right? or forever?

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
even though sren is pretty logical and is a good player, i don;t think he'd be good for this role.

As far as i can tell, sren hardly talks about this game outside the thread, which would kinda defeat the purpose of being able to talk outside the thread. Forgot on the other hand i know from personal experience, talks a lot outside the thread. I'll leave it at that but i can go into my detail if needed

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Okay, so here's my suggestion for this part:

if we told JUST the sheriff nominate the deputy (since the sheriff knows the deputy), then we'd potentially learn mafia members because if they tried to impersonate the sheriff, the real one would know them right away. We also would know 100% that the talker is safe for us.

However, this would also tell the mafia who two of our power roles are, and therefore is a super high-risk strategy.

Additionally, though, the deputy would most likely be safe for a few rounds because he is the only way to gain information about the other three power roles and the guard could potentially save him from attack.

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
Just a warning going with sren's idea, a mafia member could pretend to be the sheriff and call out the real sheriff as a "fake" and manipulate us into killing the real sheriff

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Just a warning going with sren's idea, a mafia member could pretend to be the sheriff and call out the real sheriff as a "fake" and manipulate us into killing the real sheriff
True, but once the sheriff died, it would then be obvious that the counterclaimer lied and he/she would be exposed. As a whole, though, I'm still against revealing two of our power roles as part of the plan, especially since the scenario I just described probably wouldn't happen. It would be pretty careless for a mafia player to put him/herself in a situation like that unless the team was in immediate danger from the sheriff.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
suggestion was probably the wrong term, but oh well. My main point was that we had a strong way to guarantee the voice was innocent, but it did have a very high cost/risk.

I would push for someone other than me be elected for one simple reason: I have never been strong at information gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.