• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XXII - Spirits (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montalbano

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Very well, I hope you understand why I find it hard to enjoy jokes while the current events are so dire.

#Vote Poirot

Meriadoc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Since Poirot and Fitzgerald still haven't spoken up, and Poirot seems to be the consensus:

#VOTE Poirot

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
Due to the recent voting spree, here is an interim vote count.

--- VOTE COUNT ---

[7] Hercule Poirot - Moriarty, Monsieur Bouc, Ford Prefect, Montalbano, Dr. Frankenstein, Peregrin, Meriadoc
[3] Moriarty - Mrs. Coulter, Victor Pritchett, Lystacrl
[2] Dr. Watson - John Parry, Arthur Doyle
[1] John Parry - Dr. Watson

Hercule Poirot is set to die.

--- VOTING RECORD ---

John Parry votes Dr. Watson (#105) (now has 1 vote)
Monsieur Bouc votes John Parry (#106) (now has 1 vote)
Victor Pritchett votes John Parry (#108) (now has 2 votes)
Dr. Watson votes John Parry (#109) (now has 3 votes)
Victor Pritchett unvotes John Parry (#113) (now has 2 votes)
Arthur Doyle votes Dr. Watson (#119) (now has 2 votes)

Mrs. Coulter votes Moriarty (#128) (now has 1 vote)
Montalbano votes Moriarty (#130) (now has 2 votes)
Ford Prefect votes Moriarty (#131) (now has 3 votes)
Dr. Frankenstein votes Moriarty (#132) (now has 4 votes)
Victor Pritchett votes to Moriarty (#133) (now has 5 votes)
Moriarty votes Hercule Poirot (#134) (now has 1 vote)
Lystacrl votes Moriarty (#136) (now has 6 votes)
Montalbano unvotes Moriarty (#138) (now has 5 votes)
Monsieur Bouc changes vote to Hercule Poirot (#140) (Poirot now has 2 votes, Parry now has 1 vote)

Ford Prefect changes vote to Hercule Poirot (#141) (now has 3 votes)
Montalbano votes Hercule Poirot (#142) (now has 4 votes)
Dr. Frankenstein changes vote to Hercule Poirot (#143) (Poirot now has 5 votes, Moriarty now has 3)
Peregrin votes Hercule Poirot (#144) (now has 6 votes)
Meriadoc votes Hercule Poirot (#145) (now has 7 votes)

--- INFORMATION ---

There are just over five hours left until the deadline. Please be advised that once you are dead, you are remain not permitted to share your identity. If you see any errors in this information bulletin, please advise the Conductor immediately.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

Peregrin

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
It may be useful, at this stage, to know if anyone has received any correspondence from Mr. Poirot since their initial post on Sunday. Would be curious if they are intentionally unresponsive in this thread as opposed to being completely absent.

Dr. Watson

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
It's true that Watson has mostly been parroting/fillery, although you could say that for a lot of people with how few talking points there were until recently. And I can't figure out what the second point is implying.

This message, though...
...doesn't sit right with me. It would make sense to go after Parry for voting recklessly or something along those lines, but this is just presented as an easy revenge vote, without any real thought put into it. Parry gets off the hook for the sudden vote because he was able to back it up.
... I am unsure to what point your are referring, but I wish to explain myself before nightfall.
My motivation for voting for Parry is more than "an easy revenge vote." His vote for me is in direct opposition to lynching silents. ... While I have no issue with differing opinions, an action this strong seemed more suspicious than a mere difference in mindset. However, I believe that this was already stated at the time and I felt no need to repeat it.
... As for my voting message, it was uttered "in character," such that I might speak as Dr. Watson. The only point of real significance was my pointing out of the irony that, as it seemed, by acting in such a sudden way, Parry had "taken action" such that we would be able to advance a vote, albeit upon him instead of me.

... Parry's message afterwards seems to be a way of saying, "Just kidding! I was trying to bait someone." I do not fully believe this message was sincere, nor do I believe his accusation of me holds any ground whatsoever in logic. It seems he is avoiding the social suicide of rashly accusing someone. ... As it stands, I am unsure of Parry's innocence, but I will retract my vote for the time being.

In the meantime, while I have expressed my uncertainty of Parry, I do wish to bring to fruition the original strategy, seeing as there are still silent members. ... That this could happen despite an explicit warning of a lynch upon mutes is strange to me. Nevertheless, Poirot seems to be the popular choice nowadays, although we should keep in mind Fitzgerald, as he has also been silent for this time.

#unvote Parry (for now)
#vote Poirot

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
That makes enough sense, Watson. I don't think it's likely that either innocent or mafia Parry suddenly tries to start a new bandwagon without already having said reasons, and it's common (if not always a good idea) to vote first and explain later. But I'm assuming Parry can speak for himself when he posts again.

#Unvote
#Vote Poirot

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
--- NOTICE ---

Votes and actions are locked. We will endeavour to deliver you the update as quickly as possible. Please be patient.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019

It had been a slow morning. After the discovery of Ratchett's body, nobody had a clear idea of what to do. People just milled around, exchanging a few greeting for futily trying to dig out the snow that encased the engine of the train. This bothered Mrs. Coulter. Someone had just been murdered, and everyone was just milling around like sheep! After a quiet morning, she stood up and made their proposal. She proclaimed about how the innocent passengers of this unfortunate train were under attack, and that they had to do something. If they were to rid themselves of what horrible murderers were abound they needed to act. Even if was an effectively random choice, at least their fate would be in their hands! While Lord Boreal seemed to object to this initially, others seemed to agree. After this, a discussion picked up, fronted by Coulter, Meriadoc and Frankenstein, as well as a few others. They reached the conclusion that they should lynch those who were not contributing to the discussion. There was a brief tense moment when Arthur Doyle accused Meriadoc of lying due to an inconsistency in his speech, but that misconception was clarified quickly and he backed down.

Meanwhile, in dining carriage, John Parry was not at all thrilled about the situation. Someone had been murdered while he slept not more than 50 metres away, and yet people were calmly discussing how they were just going let luck carry them through to the end? He could not understand how people could be so blind, how they couldn't see that relying on luck was going to get them all killed. He rummaged around the carriage, looking for something. At last, he found it.

The discussion had been going rather well, Watson had thought. After a quiet morning, he felt like that they had made some decent progress. Just as he had finished replying to Frankenstein about how he expected eventually everyone would join the discussion, a man bursts through the door screaming. He charges straight at Watson, and buries a fork into this chest. Within seconds, his shirt has been soaked with blood. However before anyone could process what had just happened, Monsieur Bouc - with lightning quick reflexes - grabs Parry and hurls him against the wall. Immediately after, Victor Pritchett joins him and pins him down. Coulter, watching, is more so quizzical than shocked. Her only question was, why him? Watson, now having recovered from the shock of being stabbed, joins the others in condemning Parry. He reassures them that while the blood may look bad, it was just a minor flesh wound and they had nothing to fear. After a minute, having recovered himself, Parry explained himself. Bouc was just confused by his response. He didn't understand what any of it meant, whilst others such as Coulter and Pritchett seemed to understand perfectly. Arthur Doyle, who hadn't spoken much up until this point, immediately jumps on the bandwagon and casts his vote against Watson, which draws questions from Coulter.

It was late afternoon now, and the sun was hovering just above the tips of the mountains. With not much progress being made against either Watson or Parry, attention shifted towards those who were missing from the conversation. After a brief discussion, Moriarty was chosen to die. Nobody had seen him since the previous evening, and time was running out. Just in time though, he shows up and saves his life, so the innocents switched targets to Poirot. This time, there was no escape. To death, it was to be.

--- VOTE COUNT ---

[12] Hercule Poirot - Moriarty, Monsieur Bouc, Ford Prefect, Montalbano, Dr. Frankenstein, Peregrin, Meriadoc, Lord Boreal, Dr. Watson, Charles Lindbergh, Mrs. Coulter, Victor Pritchett
[2] Dr. Watson - John Parry, Arthur Doyle
[1] Moriarty - Lystacrl

Hercule Poirot has been elected to die.

No expense was to be spared, as the mafia must die. The issue was, is that nobody actually knew where he was. Like Moriarty, nobody had seem him since the previous day. It took a while to track him down, but with the light fading, they found him at the back of the train. He was staring out at the vista - a peaceful alpine scene. Within a few seconds, that vista included Poirot tumbling down the mountainside.

Hercule Poirot, the [Innocent] Tracker, has been sent tumbling down the mountain.

--- INFORMATION ---

It is now night. It will last 48 hours from when the day phase ceased. You are permitted to talk into the thread and in private messages.
If you have actions, you may cast them by sending a private message to the Conductor from your main account, not your satellite/passenger account.

To aid with organisation, we will be merging the private messages sent to both main and passenger accounts into one conversation, which is sent to your main account. We hope this will help you track which messages are from other players and which messages are from the Conductor.

You may cast votes during the night phase, however they will be carried over to the next day phase. Nobody will be lynched at the end of the night phase. Any votes cast by or on dead players will be annulled at the end of the night phase.

The spirit who controlled Hercule Poirot will not be revealed until the end of the game.
Please inform us if you see any mistakes or typographical errors in this post.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

Last edited:

Monsieur Bouc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
There's a lot to unpack here, if you actually look at it.

Perhaps a dramatization of voting? Parry seems... violent.

Then there's this neat bit:

The discussion had been going rather well, Watson had thought. After a quiet morning, he felt like that they had made some decent progress. Just as he had finished replying to Frankenstein about how he expected eventually everyone would join the discussion, a man bursts through the door screaming. He charges straight at Watson, and buries a fork into this chest. Within seconds, his shirt has been soaked with blood. However before anyone could process what had just happened, Monsieur Bouc - with lightning quick reflexes - grabs Parry and hurls him against the wall. Immediately after, Victor Pritchett joins him and pins him down. Coulter, watching, is more so quizzical than shocked. Her only question was, why him? Watson, now having recovered from the shock of being stabbed, joins the others in condemning Parry. He reassures them that while the blood may look bad, it was just a minor flesh wound and they had nothing to fear. After a minute, having recovered himself, Parry explained himself. Bouc was just confused by his response. He didn't understand what any of it meant, whilst others such as Coulter and Pritchett seemed to understand perfectly. Arthur Doyle, who hadn't spoken much up until this point, immediately jumps on the bandwagon and casts his vote against Watson, which draws questions from Coulter.
There's a lot to unpack here. An assault. Then the response, which I certainly was not certain about. Pritchett did offer me a theory, and it seems like the Conductor is affirming this? Thoughts?

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
I also forgot to mention, but Drahmee replaced Gweneviere at some point during the previous day phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.