• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 5: Bounties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
freak, I said to pm them to me so you wouldn't reveal where you were going to your hunter...

Okay guys, I figured out the problem.

Turns out, I was thinking in terms of C++ rather than PHP in function creation. In C++, you can declare a variable as global and use it in a function. In PHP, you can't do that, you have to specify that you want to include the variable in the function. I have fixed the problem and it will work now.

I did check the actions column while fixing this and no actions were recorded, so make sure to get your actions in. First day summary will be tomorrow.

Last edited:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Just real quick to let people know that the issue is known and I am looking into it:
Code:
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'method='sign'
is occurring for all movement attempts. I believe this will be a 5 minute fix when I get home later. However, just in case I am wrong, you may PM me your action for day one if you would like and I can manually execute the update code. I can assure you that this error will not last into day 2.

I don't know if I said this previously, but this is basically an alpha version of the script. I appreciate your guys' patience with the inherent bugs thus far.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Sorry guys, one more hurdle. While I was confirming that the issue with the action.php page was fixed, I decided to pull the user column to double checking who all signed up and one person signed up twice...yea... Your targets will be changing, but luckily it's still within the first day and no one really knows where their target is.

If this system gets re-used, I will be implementing an IP comparison check into the registration to prevent this from happening again. I will be contacting the person via pm to allow them to decide which one they wish to keep.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
issue resolved, don't forget to get your actions in. I will be running the update script for the first time tonight, after which I will be adding a new feature to the GUI.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Day 1 summery:

According to my information, the majority of you did absolutely nothing...

However, I am happy to announce that the system is working and two new features will be worked on for addition tomorrow: translation of role numbers and eating to restore health.

There have been no deaths as of yet.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
cory if you go into the attack menu instead of attacking a random p[person it will let you attack someone in your area and you can chose who you attack therefore telling you who is in your area

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
I used the wait action, but it still isn't saying who is in my area, and it doesn't say that there isn't anyone

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Sorry guys, that is a side effect of the second error I fixed. It had to do with a syntax error in the database query and at that spot in the code I had not included the breaking error message. The issue was resolved, but anyone who performed their action before the fix was not recorded. I am currently manually telling the script to carry out wait actions.

I am assuming (other than the people who I took care of via pm) cory and jag are the only two?

Last edited:

corygolfanatic

Panther Guitar Player
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Are we allowed to make our next moves? I wasn't sure, so I tried, and it seems that I got some error. By the way, the wait function is fixed, thanks!
Here is the error I got:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysqli_result could not be converted to string in /home/ck9/public_html/minr/recoded/action.php on line 45

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
O.O Wha..? I have never seen a "catchable fatal error" before

OHHHH!!!! I know what the problem is, will be fixed within 2 min of this post

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
updated yours too ricky. However, yours will be the last one to be updated since I will not have an opportunity to check the forum again until it is time to run the end of day script again.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
sorry guys, there's MORE issues, heh. I did mention this is basically the alpha/beta version, right?

I was getting some strange feedback from the pre-end of round summary (very glad I decided to add that) and pulled the actions for this round as well as the two supporting .txt files.

Current actions that I know about:
attack - 1
move - 10
none - 5

now the issues: the page that records the actions didn't work properly.

Firstly, the one for movement did not record names. This means that the system knows then 10 people who want to move, they know the locations that people want to move to, and it knows who is using what method of travel. What it doesn't know is who is going where.

Additionally, the attacker's target was not recorded.

I am looking in to the reason for this. For this day, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me you move so I can manually set this round. Because of this error, Day 2 is extended to Monday. If you made an action other than attack or move, please let me know as it would mean there is another error that I don't know about.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Day 2 summary:

Floating high above the map, srentiln smiled as he listened in on the sounds of people stumbling around blindly. It was time to have a little fun. Gaining access to the server console was easy, redirecting people's journey would be more difficult.

First random event: random travel destinations. Only impacts specific players.

no deaths

Okay guys, I got all of the actions for day 2 squared away. I used the lack of response from some of you to introduce one of the random events I had planned. Day 3 has officially begun, but I am still trying to figure out why the attack wasn't recorded. I think I found out why moves were not associated with the names and have corrected the issue.

If you do plan on attacking someone this round, please send me a PM telling me that you have done so so that I can see if I fixed the problem with attacks being recorded as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.