• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 10 Chinatown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
If it helps, I'll go ahead and #vote freakworld
That doesn't really help at all. Any mafia member would do that, considering freak's pretty much a dead man by now. If that's all you have to say, people are just going to suspect you more.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Okay, I just received news from the judge (he wanted me to post for him so that he could stay hidden) that freak was imprisoned last night. If this is true, then wouldn't he have been unable to attack at all? If freak couldn't attack, Jk couldn't have gotten the message saying he did, which would mean the story is made up. It's starting to seem to me like Jk is a mafia member betraying a teammate for trust (under the assumption that freak is also mafia.
#Vote Jkjkelly1 (too late, but oh well...)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
electro, your story has me concerned:

if the judge had contacted you, either you have betrayed his identity or caused his death. I will not say more in case others have not caught on.

Here is a question for the innocents who have "confirmed" eachother: What roles did forgot know the player of?

IF the role of Mr. Innocent is confirmed to have been known by forgot, then electro's story holds water as they could have silenced Mr innocent to prevent counter-claims.

If that role is confirmed as not known to forgot, then my suspicions turn towards electro.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
electro, your story has me concerned:

if the judge had contacted you, either you have betrayed his identity or caused his death. I will not say more in case others have not caught on.
I see what you're getting at, but I actually did neither. Since henni has no proof that I didn't make up the story for other purposes, I might not even be in contact with the judge at all. Unless henni knows that the conversation is real and I'm not lying, both me and the judge are safe.

Last edited:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Honestly, I was thinking something similar.
I don't know the exact power of the capturing, but if the mafia could have captured freak, and attacked jk with freak, then they could be outsmarting us, and pretty much countering mr.innocents role. I believe that if jk was roleblocked, he'd be dead instead of alive now.

Oh and srentiln, about the silencing jk,
We have no proof that there is still a cobra left, those are just assumptions. So if there's none left, there's no way they could have silenced jk, even if forgot knew the role.

If the capturing also silences you, freak couldn't have said the 'hi I'm still here' thing, and else he could have said he was captured(if you get a notice at all).

Either the mafia is smarter than we're thinking, or we're just overthinking the case.

Oh and electro, if Freak is proven mafia, and your 'judge' heard that he's 'captured'. You've got to understand that you're then not that 'safe' anymore.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Oh and srentiln, about the silencing jk,
We have no proof that there is still a cobra left, those are just assumptions. So if there's none left, there's no way they could have silenced jk, even if forgot knew the role.
Please read the edit below for my response to this.

If the capturing also silences you, freak couldn't have said the 'hi I'm still here' thing, and else he could have said he was captured(if you get a notice at all).
I can confirm that it does not silence you. I was recently captured and silenced. From what henni told me from that night, capturing ONLY prevents you from performing a power action.

As to what you are saying electro, henni could decide to mod-kill you specifically for your claim. Additionally, if freak is indeed mafia, then my sights are set specifically on you for making that statement, whether your conversation was real or not.

Edit:

I suddenly have reason to suspect that there are actually 4 remaining raiders among the remaining 11 players...

-Vampire: Can capture someone for 1day or night cycle
When I was captured:
You are being capture you cannot perform any actions but as villager you couldn't do anything anyway
uh oh I forgot to say that you are capture for 1 night and 1 daay
unless henni made a mistake in typing one of these, which I hope he will clarify if he did (even if it's just a pm to me), this would suggest that there are actually two vampires.

Before forgot's fumble got him killed, he was asking me if I was the judge. While at first I thought it was an attempt to get me mod-killed, when i look at HOW he was talking to me it doesn't feel like that.

He first said he wanted to discuss mafia, to which I told him I could not discuss it at that time (I am hoping henni won't consider that talking about mafia, lol). He then told me, "Well, even if you can't talk, you can at least listen." I think he actually had a strong suspicion that I was the judge and was seeking to find out whether or not he was correct.

In the case that he was trying to confirm this, it makes absolutely no sense for him to have been the one to mute me because:
  • he knows I am one of if not the most active person on the forums (which means he could assume I would check my pm's before he could talk to me)
  • me being muted prevented him from learning something he wanted to know
Therefore, I also believe that there were two cobras.

If I am correct, we still have the upper hand 7 - 4 for now. Only needing to kill 3 of us in order to over-run us means that it is HIGHLY unlikely that they would have passed up a night's kill. Therefore, I believe there is at least a grain of truth in what jelly said. I believe that they did manage to target Mr. Innocent this last night.

This leaves us with two potential scenarios:
  1. Jelly is Mr. Innocent, and blie is telling the truth. This would mean either electro's "judge", electro himself, or both is/are Raiders
  2. Jelly and blie are Raiders who are trying to cover up after a failed kill by silencing Mr. Innocent and posing as him, and electro's story is true.
HOWEVER!
-Cobra: Can silence someone making sure he won't vote or talk the next day.
There is also another potential for what happened last night:

Special Events: There are 2 special events that can a player do. The 1st one is going on a mining trip doing this will give you 1 piece of gold. But if you get killed in the mines your body will only be found 2 days later.
With this scenario, the raiders only need a kill tonight in order to control the lynch vote.

@henniboy321 could you please confirm that your wording on this is what you meant it to be:
-Mr.Innocent: Will escape death once, can do the 2 special events.(if he dies knows the person who killed him)
I would like to clarify if you meant "if he is attacked" or "if his is killed"

Now, to further examine the situation, let's look at what roles are left:
  • Night 1, Dis dies, villager (raider kill)
  • Night 2, Halex dies, deputy (mod kill)
  • Night 3, Cory dies, guard (mod kill)
  • Night 3, Ian dies, deputy (raider kill)
  • Day 3, Forgot dies, cobra (lynch)
If I am correct on things, we have:
  • The sheriff
  • Villagers
  • Mr. Innocent
  • The Judge
  • The Mafia Boss
  • 2 Vampires
  • 1 Cobra
that would mean 7 people are definitely power roles, leaving 4 people who are either a villager or a power role not taken into account....

Of the roles, only three are guaranteed single roles: Sheriff, Judge, and Mafia Boss. Having redundancy in these roles would only make it too complicated to resolve actions.

We saw that there were two deputies, which falls in line with general standards. More than this would probably unbalance the game.

Could there be more than one gaurd or mr. innocent? If a guard were to die in another player's stead, the second player would know the killer and reveal him. Therefore, having two guards has the potential to throw the game way out of balance. Same goes for Mr. Innocent.

So, either we started with 5 villagers, or we are in more trouble right now than we realize.

Last edited:

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Oh well the way I see it if Jk knew it was me anyways muting him wouldn't have helped my case anyways I guess.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Ok I know this round was not explained well and it still isn't sadly so sren I indeed did make a mistake if you capture someone it is for 1 day AND night

2nd question if he is killed.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Oh well then I was also communicating outside the thread while I was jailed if it was for two phases.

Heh.

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
I would like to say that jkjk is not lying about being Mr. Innocent.
HOWEVER, forgot was suggesting that freak might be mafia before we lynched forgot. Forgot was also saying that bstrey might be mafia. This leads me to believe that either: 1) forgot didn't know who the other mafia members were and was throwing suspicion on suspicious people to gain our trust or 2) the mafia are playing the game much smarter then we are. If 1 is correct, then that would also mean forgot was unable to contact the other mafia members and tell them all the roles he discovered. If 2 is correct, then I am worried that they know something we don't.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Hmm, I think piece got killed while in the mines on night 2.
On night 2 there was no 'mafia' kill, while it was allowed. Theres no way the mafia could have forgotten to kill someone, so either they killed someone while in the mines, or hit mr innocent. I think the first one is more likely, because 1. Piece doesn't talk. 2. Jk claimed, and freak proved, that his ability was used this night.
So with that, they must have killed someone while in the mines, which must be piece, since others have talked since that night.

So, in the case we suddenly have two deaths, don't panic, it's probably because of that cause (if one of them is piece of course).

Also, that means we actually have one player less than we're calculating with. If piece was a power role, we are probably in some serious trouble.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
creeper, I see it this way: forgot knew his fellow raiders and was willing to sacrifice (at least) one of them to gain trust. I suspect that he also figured that if he was found out, the suspicion would fall away from those he claimed to be suspicious of because we would just assume he was trying to tag innocents as mafia.

and ricky, I'm glad you caught that because my focus was simply on the current situation.

SO, that being said, we actually have 10 people alive. While henni's clarification on the vampire role says it was meant to be AND nor OR, we can't afford to discount the idea that there are 4 raiders still alive. Freak has all but blatantly said he is a cobra, so I feel that part of the threat is going to be dead with this day cycle. We still have the mafia boss and 1 to 2 vampires to find.

Electro claims that the "judge" told him freak was jailed last night. The sheriff could easily disprove that statement since he is the one that jails people. Ricky, I assume that your group of "verified" innocents includes the sheriff? Although, if we learn tomorrow that the sheriff was dead in the mine, I'm voting electro for two reasons:

1) his story just points to him being a raider IMHO
2) in his claims, he basically admits to talking with someone other than the talker outside of this thread. I don't like to be the "THE RULES SAY...!!!" guy, but this rule is a key mechanic to the way this round is being run. Cheating it is just wrong and takes away from the mechanic henni was going for.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
It is now night 5

Another beautifull day at Chinatown, they caught one of the raiders, no one died this night. It was just amazing and then for the very 1st time they all lunched together. There everyone finally started talking. They discussed everything and at the end of the break they tought there might be a little rat in the middle of them. Almost everyone was so sure it was freakworld. So that day at dinner they killed freak. Freak his last words were "welp I funked I forgot to silence Jk" After those words everyone knew who he really was.

Freakworld the raiding cobra has been killed

Power roles send your moves please, You can now do the events

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Okay, there were two cobras. We have taken out two raiders, they have taken out two innocent, and two innocent I have to assume were caught cheating. It is still possible that they have killed another innocent, we will know for sure tomorrow.

9 to 10 players currently remain, 2 to 3 of whom are raiders.

Before tomorrow comes and we have the opportunity to lynch someone, let us think about a few things:
  1. electro's claim.
    • The role descriptions for the judge and the sheriff do not state what the jail does.
    • It could be assume that it blocks the player from using their power role action.
    • Does it also prevent a raider from performing the kill they are ordered to do by the mafia boss?
    • We have no confirmation as to whether or not freak was actually jailed
    • the claim is one of three things:
      1. a betrayal of the identity of the judge
      2. a reason for him to get mod killed
      3. proof of him being a raider
  2. The "confirmed" innocents
    • This claimed group includes ricky, who has been a key part in killing the two raider we hit
    • When asked for a simple piece of information that put none of them at risk, they remained silent
      • this piece of info was to attempt to discern what story was true
    • Considering when the deputies died, at most this group currently consists of 3 people
  3. the mafia boss
    • can vanish one time to avoid the potential of death
    • if he uses this ability, he only gains one extra round
      • if he was jailed, the vanish would cause a discrepancy between the sheriff and judge, allowing him to be identified
      • if it was a lynch vote, his lack of death would cause him to be re-voted the next day
  4. remaining roles
    • 1 sheriff
    • 1 judge
    • 1 mafia boss
    • 1 - 2 vampires
      • we have already confirmed two cobras
      • we have no proof that there is not two vampires
    • potentially a spent Mr. Innocent
      • if tomorrow we find out that Mr. Innocent died two nights ago, we need to look more into both jelly and blie
    • 3 - 5 villagers
      • Does it make sense for, out of 16 players, there to be 6 villagers?
      • Does it make sense for, out of 16 players, there to be 5 villagers?
        • I think it would make more sense for 5 than 6

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
I have something to add, however, sren.

Once we had uncovered Forgot, he messaged me the following via Skype.

"Unless you guys are really good guessers, the game is basically over
mafia has 5 vote strength, you guys have 4, which leaves just the other 2-3
f**k up tonight and you're done"

So... Does this mean that there were 6 raiders? o_o 'Cause that's a lot of mafia to be dealing with. Although, Forgot could have just been being his manipulative self.

By the way, I don't mean to point the finger or anything, but anyone else find it odd that the mafia hasn't killed sren yet? He's always been a major contributor to whatever side he's been on.

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
The judge and the sheriff need to join forces ASAP. The way I understand their roles, the sheriff jails someone and then the judge has the choice to kill the person or set the person free. For this to be effective, the judge and the sheriff need to be in contact with each other and not just rely on the judge guessing what the sheriff wants done. However, if the judge went into the mines and is dead, then we have a problem. We will have no way of killing the mafia other than through lynch votes. This would be a problem because they would be able to reduce our vote strength every night, and we would have to get the lynch right basically every time. If we failed, rather then just a -1 strength from the previous lynch, we would end up with a -3 strength. This would be almost certain loss, and if we failed 2x, we would lose for certain. Also, we can't count on there being a way to get more mafia through attempted kills on people who have some sort of protection, because both Mr. Innocent and Cory the guard are dead, and there is no indication that there are more guards. So now we need to be careful about who we lynch, the sheriff needs to be careful about who he/she jails, and the sheriff and the judge need to join forces ASAP so that jailing can be more effective then just a role block and can actually be a way for us to try to get the mafia.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
In response to blie:

I believe forgot was counting on what almost happened: us assuming that there was only one cobra. Assuming you and jelly are not mafia, they royally screwed up with their choice and we took out a second cobra. His voting strength statement is two things: 1) a hint at the second cobra (because they could reduce our voting strength by muting someone) and 2) an attempt to psych you out.

As to why I am still alive, I think it's mainly to do with past experience of me. They know that I have always been truthful when I tell about my role, even when I am holding back a piece of information. They also know that, even if I am a major contributor in volume of talk, I am often either wrong in my thoughts or thought to be mafia. Therefore, if they believe I am telling the truth about being an innocent, why waste a kill on me when they can try to take out a power role instead?

as to creeper, I 100% agree. However, since both our deputies are dead (assuming there were only two as there were with similar roles before), we have no way to verify a secure line of communication between them. If they are both paying attention to the thread, we could help them work together quite well. The number one thing we need to do is start working out who the remaining mafia members are. For example, if a strong majority of us were sure of a second raider during the lynch vote, we could say in this thread, "sheriff, jail this player. Judge, we strongly believe this person is a raider, please kill them).

However, something like that would ONLY work if the players who are staying quiet would express their opinion on that decision as well.

@bstrey, you had said your "oops" post was and edit because you were unsure if you were muted or not when you made your original post. Your post came through while I was still typing my post, but I did not see a "last edited" message in the corner when I told it to show me the post and it just said oops. However, I simply could have missed it. Would you be willing to share with us what you were going to say originally, even if it has no relevance anymore?

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
Ah, there is an option to remove the last edited message. ;P

I believe I was going to say something about having been muted for the past few days or so, as well as Forgot's defensiveness of you (although I may be remembering wrong) in a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.